Sunday, April 4, 2010

Life with Tom

I had the pleasure of sharing part of life's journey with Tom Wehrer. The road could be bumpy, the ride always took longer then planned, especially if we took one of Tom's shortcuts. Tom would drive you crazy, but it was always loads of fun and never boring. Never was a man who loved the road more then Tom, and sad as I am over his passing, I know he was out doing what he loved, enjoying life, driving to new places, surfing and biking, and no doubt, spinning yarns.

We did three long road trips to Oklahoma together, and despite some friction, it will never be the same without him along, with his ready smile, his enthusiasm for trying everything and his generous giving heart.

I will miss you always, my brother, but your spirit always be there with me. There will never be another like you.

My cat Biscuit, who simply LOVED Tom, is literally standing on the keyboard as I write this, and purring up a storm, maybe he's saying his farewells with me.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Dave,
    I will always remember the day i was driving Tom, and he said "I'll show you a great shortcut- we have time"
    I said "if it is a short cut, we don't need extra time!- p

    ReplyDelete